It’s quite easy to make a difference:
- Make climate-conscious political decisions – you’re already here!
- Eat less red meat – having one meat free day per week would make a massive difference if everyone did it. https://www.meatfreemondays.com/
- Avoid products containing palm oil. We realise that this is harder than it should be and are planning to publish further guidance. Look out for it!
- Purchase green electricity.
- Make your home and household energy efficient by buying A+ grade appliances.
- Walk, cycle or take public transport – think very hard about long-distance flying. Drive at the speed limit or below. Don’t idle your car engine unnecessarily.
- Recycle, reuse and avoid useless purchases, keep things a long time and repair them rather than throw away.
- Telecommute and teleconference, or work locally.
- Buy local produce and grow your own.
- Offset what you can’t save.
First easy steps
- Work out where you’re at today – using the online calculator: http://climatecare.org/calculator/
- Watch Leonardo DiCaprio’s ‘Before The Flood’ and Al Gore’s ‘The Inconvenient Truth’ and his follow up.
- Ask your energy company for a Smart Meter.
- Try an energy fast for a day or weekend to understand how much energy you are using.
- Get out in nature, and get your children out in nature too – if they experience it and appreciate they will fight for it in the future.
- Check out these websites:
If you'd like to join
- Become a member for £3 per month.
- Receive a welcome email from our Secretary.
- Come to our monthly meeting and say hi.
- Get stuck in, making a fairer and greener Ealing.